It’s hot! We know. We can’t change that but we can cool you down with 16 cocktails designed to transport you mentally and emotionally to a tropical beach somewhere unimaginably wonderful. These cocktails release summer aromas even when you’re preparing them, and imbibing them is a vacation all by themselves. Pick your faves and whip ‘em up.
Bucha Berry Summer
Courtesy of Beautiful Booze
- 2 ounces of Seagram’s Extra Smooth
- 1/2 ounce of mixed berry syrup
- Top with kombucha (preferably strawberry lemonade kombucha)
- Garnish with mixed berry pick
- Add everything to a shaker except the kombucha
- Shake then strain into a wine glass
- Top with kombucha and garnish with a mixed berry pick
- ½ part Fernet-Branca
- 1 ½ part spiced rum
- 1 part pineapple juice
- ½ part simple syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
Method: Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a fluted Collins glass. Garnish with pineapple fronds and 4 drops of bitters.
- 1 part Fernet-Branca
- 1 part Carpano Dry Vermouth
- 1 part mint syrup
- 1 part ginger beer
- ½ lemon juice
- ¼ yellow chartreuse
Method: Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a highball glass with crushed ice. Garnish with lemon wheel.
Caipirinha Da Terra
- 2 oz Novo Fogo Silver Cachaça
- 1 organic lime
- 1.5 tbsp rapadura sugar
Cut off both ends of the lime and slice it down the middle. Remove the pith and slice the lime into 8 pieces, and add them to a shaker. Add rapadura sugar and muddle until the sugar is dissolved and the lime is squeezed of its juice. Add the cachaça and shake with ice. Dump everything into a tumbler and garnish with flowers.
Proper Twelve Punch
- 1 Bottle of Proper Twelve Whiskey
- 1 12oz Can of Lemonade
- 1 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 250 ml Red Wine
- 3 Lemons, Sliced into Wheels, for Garnish
- In a Large Punch Bowl, Add Proper Twelve Whiskey, Lemonade and Fresh Lemon Juice
- Refrigerate overnight
- Add ice and stir
- Top with Red Wine & Lemon Slices for Garnish
Woodford Reserve Orange Mule
- 2oz. Woodford Reserve Distiller’s Select
- 1oz. Gents Mule Cocktail Mix
- 5-6 dashes of WR Orange Bitters
- Ale-8One Ginger Ale
- Orange and lime wedge
- Orange and Lime twist
Fill a mule mug with ice, Pour Woodford Reserve Distiller’s Select, Gents Mule Mix and bitters over ice. Fill with Ale-8-One Ginger Ale. Squeeze Over and drop in both the orange and lime wedges. Rim the glass with both orange and lime twists, then hang both twists on the rim of the glass. ENJOY!
The Northern Peach
- 1.5 oz Crystal Head Vodka
- 2/5 oz natural peach juice
- 1.4 oz. basil simple syrup
- Fresh basil leaves
Method: Pour all ingredients into a shaker filled with ice. Shale well then strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish: basil leaf.
Summer of Tiki
- 1.5 ounce of Zaya Rum
- ½ ounce of Templeton Rye 4 year
- ¾ ounce of lime juice
- 1 ounce of pineapple juice
- ½ ounce of simple syrup
- ½ ounce of cinnamon syrup
Method: Add all ingredients into shaker except the Templeton Rye Shake then strain into pilsner glass with crushed ice Float Templeton Rye on top. Garnish and Enjoy.
Rosemary Old Fashioned
- 2 ounces Templeton Rye 6 year
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary simple syrup
- 3 dashes of aromatic bitters
Method: Add all ingredients into a mixing glass. Stir then strain over fresh ice into a low-ball glass.
Strawberry Summer Rye Sour
- 2 ounces Templeton Rye 4 year
- ¾ ounce lemon juice
- ¾ ounce of strawberry simple syrup
- 1 egg white
Method: Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake hard to chill and combine ingredients. Strain out ice. Shake hard again to further emulsify ingredients. Double strain into a cocktail glass.
Bubbly Rum Berry Lemonade
- 2 ounces Zaya Rum
- 1 ounce of lemon
- 1 ounce of strawberry simple syrup
- top with lemon soda
Method: Add all ingredients into shaker.. Shake then strain over fresh ice. Top with lemon soda.
- 2 ounces Zaya Rum
- ¾ ounce of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grenadine
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup
Method: Add all ingredients into shaker. Shake then strain into rocks glass over fresh ice.
Margarita Al Pastor
- 2 ounces Corralejo Silver
- 8 pieces charred pineapple
- 1 ounce chile syrup
- ½ ounce agave syrup
- 1 ounce lime juice
Method: Rim your glass with salt . Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake to chill and combine ingredients. Fine strain into a coupe glass.
- 2 ounces of Crystal Head
- 1.5 ounces of ruby red grapefruit juice
- ½ ounce of lemon juice
- ½ ounce of honey syrup
Method: Add all ingredients to shaker. Shake then strain into coupe glass.
New World Sangria
- 40ml Starward Two-Fold
- 20ml Shiraz
- 20ml lemon barely cordial
- Tonic Water
Build in stemless wine glass with ice, top with tonic water & garnish with a slice of orange.
A simple and delicious twist on a Mediterranean summer staple boosted with a healthy dose of Starward Two-Fold Whiskey. Lemon Barely cordial can be picked up from most supermarkets.
Cape Cod Spritz
- 2 ounces of cranberry juice
- top with soda water
Method: Fill wine glass with ice Add Seagram’s American Label and cranberry juice Stir then top with soda water